Wednesday, July 30, 2008

1st Time Blogger-Site Still Under Construction

Hello everyone! It's Brandy (Simpson) Donahue...I have never done this before, mainly because I never have time and don't know how I found it tonight, but after reading all your blogs I feel like I have to keep coming back. It's like you are my little, individual soap operas...AND I LOVE IT! Hopefully you'll find my life as interesting as I have found yours. I guess the most amazing thing is that we all experience the same things while thinking we are the only ones that actually experience them. Know what I mean?! Anyways-I guess I'll get to the long story short version of what's been going on with me. That way we can all be caught up and focus on the present. So here it goes:


When I left Dothan, I moved to Jackson, MS. After I graduated high school, I went to college and became an X-ray Tech. I am currently doing CT scans at St Dominic Hospital. Far cry from becoming a cardiologist or lawyer, but doesn't everybody want to be a doctor or lawyer when they're growing up?! So I started working and after a year I met this wonderful guy named Brad Donahue...we actually met on a cruise, crazy I know! We got married and had Benton Tyler who is now 4 1/2. Then we moved to Monroe LA for 2 years and had Bailey Katherine who is now 20 months. We just moved back to Jackson in June of 2007. Brad is a drug rep so moving 3 times in 5 years was quite an experience.


Back in February, Brad asked me for a divorce. It is the most devastating news any woman can get. I often tell my mom it would have been easier to deal with if someone had called and told me he had died. Sounds strangely morbid, but you have know idea the hurt I felt. Anyway, 6 months have gone (not flown) by and I am much better. Thank goodness Benton and Bailey are so young and don't know all of what is going on. And I don't know what I would have done without my mom and stepdad. My mom is truely a supermom...she handled me and my children through this like it was nothing...and trust me, I was a basketcase!


So that is about as short as I can make it to bring you to the present. We are waiting on the house to sell and the divorce to become final. In the mean time, I am trying to find a house I can afford that is still in Madison (north Jackson) because the school system is awesome. Everything is pricey in Madison so I may have to move to a neighboring town. Jackson has lots of "suburbs" for those of you that don't know. You don't really know when you leave one and enter another. But some of my prayers that I wasn't sure God was listening to have been answered, so who knows what He has in store for us.


I am putting some pics of my angels on here and if I can find one that I look semi-slim in I'll post it too. Let me know what you think of the blog and if you guys have any blogging tips I am all ears. Can't wait to get started...

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

brandy, i'm so sorry to hear about the divorce. i can only imagine how hard that must be. i'm very thankful your mom has been there with you. and i can only trust that the Lord has great things in store for you. glad you joined us in blog world!

Brandi Bartee said...

BS,
I am so impressed with your skills. It took me forever to figure out this blog thing. I think I might be calling for help. I am so excited that I can now keep up with you and your fam more often. Granger turns 2 today and we (Natalie, my Dad, and me) are building him a huge playset. His party is tomorrow and we are trying to get it finished. I will try to call you on Sunday or Monday. Congratulations on the cute blog.