Thursday, July 31, 2008

a long day

Today was long. I am trying to acquire jogging as my new hobby. I met this mother at the beach who runs 5 miles a day and she says it is her sanity. I can currently only run 1-1/2 miles without walking and 5 seems like the impossible. But the more and more I do it I totally see where she is coming from. Not only do you get to clear your mind and only concentrate on where your next breath will come from, but you also get to shed a few pounds. Of course unless you are like me and think, "well I ran a little bit today so I can have 200 extra calories"...WRONG!!! Anyway, I am going to stick to it for as long as I can. Some friends of mine want me to run a 5k next weekend and I really want to. I'll let you know how it goes. In the mean time, I be "training"...and clearing my mind.

About my angels: well Benton has a sore on his booty. And I am not talking where you can just look and there it is, I mean where the sun don't shine. So here I go inspecting it and WHAM!!! He kicks me right in the face because it is so tender. I ask him why he did it and he said because I touched "it". He told me from now on if I wanted to look at it he would spread his cheeks and there would be no touching. Basically it looks like a big pimple. So Brad takes him to the MD and he says it could be from bed mites. Like I am so sure I any form of "mite" in my house. I am the most OCD person I know and I don't do mites. Next option please! Anyway, I managed to get him to soak in warm water and it did it's own thing. He told me I could put the meds on it as long as I didn't touch it. I didn't even go there and ask him how that was supposed to happen so my mom just did it real fast and OUILA!

My other little angel Bailey, and I do mean sent from above, threw the biggest tantrum you have ever seen over a dub-a-dub. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a popsicle. I can only figure she calls it that because each word has 3 syllables. So when she didn't eat her dinner and asked for a dub-a-dub and got told "NO", it was on. She cried for 15 minutes. All with no tears of course and me and mom let her do it while we sat outside and listened to the whole thing go down. She stood and screamed at the freezer for a while and then started walking back and forth from the freezer to the back door hoping we would give in. We ignored her enough that she sort of quit and I decided to talk to her about what was going and then give her the popsicle. It was like a totally different person. I hated to give in, but I am hoping she learned the lesson-whatever it was!!! I hope you all give in too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandy -

I'm SO impressed with your "site" and have added it to my "Favorites" so I can check in every once in a while. The children are absolutely precious (your mom forwarded some beach pictures too). I must say, I am really impressed that you and Theresa held out for 15 whole minutes before giving into Bailey -you would have NEVER made Morgan wait that long when she was her age - you guys let her do EVERYTHING and have EVERYTHING she wanted...... Keep those stories coming - I love it! Just wish you were closer so I could share in the fun!

Brandy said...

this has become my therapy. i can "get away" each night and relive the day through blogging. miss you and hope the wedding planning is going well.